An On-Chip Network Model for Diverse Interconnect Systems
News and Updates
- June 2022
- [Tutorial] Loupe2.0 (visualizer for Garnet) presented at gem5 workshop at ISCA 2022. [slides]
- September 2020
- [Release] Garnet3.0 (which includes HeteroGarnet) released as part of gem5 public repo.
- July 2020
- [Publication] HeteroGarnet paper published at DAC 2020.
- May 2020
- [Tutorial] HeteroGarnet (DAC 2020) was presented at gem5 workshop at ISCA 2020. [blogpost][youtube]
- September 2017
- [Tutorial] Tushar gave a Tutorial on Garnet2.0 at the gem5 Workshop at the ARM Research Summit 2017. [slides]
- October 2016
- [Release] Garnet2.0 released as part of gem5 public repo.
- [Publication] Garnet (1.0) paper published at ISPASS 2009.
Documentation and Resources
Useful pages from gem5 wiki
- Interconnection Network Models in gem5
- Garnet2.0 Microarchitecture and Pipeline
- Running Garnet2.0 in a stand-alone manner with synthetic traffic
- Tutorial on HeteroGarnet (gem5 workshop ISCA 2022): [youtube]
- Tutorial on Garnet2.0 (gem5 workshop at Arm Research Summit 2017): [slides]
Learning NoCs using Garnet2.0
Tushar Krishna’s Interconnection Networks course at Georgia Tech [Spring 2017, Spring 2019, Spring 2020] is a good resource for instructors and students wishing to learn about NoCs, and using Garnet2.0 as your research/learning vehicle.
The course page provides access to lecture notes and lab assignments.
The gem5 version used in the course can be cloned from here: https://bitbucket.org/synergy-lab/gem5_gt
Georgia Tech specific setup instructions are here.
Additional Features [not part of the gem5 repo]
The following features can be added to Garnet2.0 as patches.
- Loupe: A Visualization Tool for Garnet2.0 [Under development]
- Dumping Network Traffic Traces [Patch]
- Running Garnet2.0 using Traces [Patch]
- SMART NoC: [HPCA 2013 paper][Patch for SMART-1D]
- SPIN: [ISCA 2018 paper] [gem5 codebase]
For questions related to using or debugging Garnet2.0, please send an email on gem5-users mailing list.
For questions/comments related to the additional features or on learning NoCs using Garnet2.0, you can email Tushar Krishna. I will try to respond as soon as I can.