- Jun 2019: We will be running a Tutorial on SCALE-Sim at ISCA 2019.
- May 2019: Our paper on interconnect-aware mapping of ML accelerators on FPGAs got accepted at FPL 2019!
- May 2019: Dr. Krishna won a Facebook Faculty Award for AI System HW-SW Co-Design!
- April 2019: We ran a workshop on Unlocking the Power of Edge Computing at ASPLOS 2019.
- March 2019: Dr. Krishna won a Google Faculty Award!
- February 2019: We ran a full-day tutorial on MAERI and MAESTRO at HPCA 2019.
- January 2019: SPIN (ISCA 2018) got selected as an IEEE Micro Top Picks, while MAERI (ASPLOS 2018) got selected as an Honorable Mention! Congrats Aniruddh, Hyoukjun, Anand. The first set of papers from Synergy Lab to receive this honor.
January 2019: mRNA (a tool for automatically mapping DNNs on MAERI got accepted at ISPASS 2019! Congrats Zhongyuan, Hyoukjun and Sachit on publishing our group’s first peer-reviewed conference paper for 2019.
October 2018: Dr. Krishna gave an invited seminar at the Oakridge National Laboratories (ORNL).
October 2018: Dr. Krishna co-organized the inaugural Rising Stars in Computer Architecture workshop at Georgia Tech.
- October 2018: An extended version of MAERI got accepted in the IEEE Micro Special Issue on Hardware Acceleration, Nov/Dec 2018! Congrats to Hyoukjun and Anand.
- October 2018: Dr. Krishna has won the “2018 Class of 1940 Course Survey Teaching Effectiveness Award” from Georgia Institute of Technology.
- September 2018: Should DNN Accelerators be SIMD or Systolic? Check out Dr. Krishna’s SIGARCH blog article.
- August 2018: Congrats to Mayank and Hyoukjun for getting selected to present at the ACM Student Research Competition (SRC) at MICRO 2018!
- July 2018: Two papers accepted at MICRO 2018! Congrats Anand and Parth for GeneSys, and Srikant for NOCSTAR.
- July 2018: Paper on Brownian Bubble Router for deadlock-freedom accepted in NOCS 2018. Congrats Mayank!
- June 2018: Dr. Krishna gave an invited seminar at IBM T. J. Watson Research Center.
- June 2018: Dr. Krishna gave a talk on MAERI at the Machine Learning in Science and Engineering conference at CMU.
- June 2018: We ran a tutorial on the MAESTRO analytic model and MAERI DNN accelerator at ISCA 2018.
- May 2018: Dr. Krishna gave a talk on “Communication-centric Computing for Deep Learning” at the 2nd Technical Exchange Conference at the Institute for Electronics and Nanotechnology (IEN) at Georgia Tech.
March 2018: Three papers accepted at ISCA 2018! Congrats Mayank and Abhishek for SEESAW; Aniruddh and Paul for SPIN; and Nachiket for FastTrack!
February 2018: Paper on neuro-evolutionary accelerator accepted at Cogarch 2018! Congrats Anand!
January 2018: Dr. Krishna won the NSF CRII award!
- January 2018: Paper on the characterization of the NoC within the Micron Hybrid Memory Cube (HMC) accepted to ISPASS 2018! Congrats Ramyad!
- January 2018: MAERI got accepted at SysML 2018! Congrats Hyoukjun and Anand!
- November 2017: Two papers accepted at ASPLOS 2018! Congrats Hyoukjun and Ananda for MAERI; and Mohan, Steffen and Sanidhya for LATR!
- November 2017: Hyoukjun gave a Demo on OpenSMART at the OpenSuCo Workshop at SC 2017 in Denver, CO.
October 2017: GT Research Horizons article on our DARPA CHIPS Project.
- September 2017: Dr. Krishna gave a Tutorial on Garnet2.0 in the gem5 workshop at the ARM Research Summit 2017 in Cambridge, UK.
- September 2017: Paper on Swaps to emulate VCs in NoCs accepted in NoCArc 2017. Congrats Mayank!
- August 2017: Excited to be a part of the Georgia Tech team that has won the DARPA CHIPS award for enabling low-cost plug-and-play “chiplet”-based hardware design.
- July 2017: Paper on micro-switch NoC for Neural Network accelerators accepted in NOCS 2017. Congrats Hyoukjun and Anand!
- July 2017: Dr. Krishna taught a week-long course on On-Chip Networks at the ACACES 2017 Summer School in Fiuggy, Italy.
- June 2017: Book Release – On Chip Networks, Second Edition, Morgan Claypool Publishers, co-authored by Natalie Enright Jerger, Tushar Krishna and Li-Shiuan Peh, released at ISCA 2017. Purchase the book from here | Free for universities with academic licenses.
- June 2017: Paper on DVFS over SMART NoCs accepted in ICCAD 2017. Congrats Monodeep!
- May 2017: Dr. Krishna published an essay on The Future of Network-on-Chip (NoC) Architectures in the Circuit Cellar Magazine.
- May 2017: Congrats to Aniruddh Ramrakhyani and Mayank Parasar for receiving their MS in ECE degrees at the GT Commencement.
- May 2017: Dr. Krishna gave at talk at Baidu Research’s Silicon Valley AI Lab
- April 2017: Dr. Krishna gave a talk at TAMU CESG Seminar Series
- February 2017: SMART-LEES paper on CAD tool for III-V interconnects wins Best Paper Award at DATE 2017!
- January 2017: OpenSMART paper accepted in ISPASS 2017. Congrats Hyoukjun!
- November 2016: SMART-LEES paper on CAD tool for III-V interconnects accepted in DATE 2017.
- October 2016: Dr. Krishna giving a talk at CMU CALCM Seminar Series.
- October 2016: Static Bubble NoC paper on deadlock-recovery accepted in HPCA 2017. Congrats Aniruddh!
- October 2016: Garnet2.0 released!
- Aug 2016: Welcome to ECE undergraduate Fei Wu.
- April 2016: Welcome Aniruddh Ramrakhyani as the lab’s first MS student.
- Jan 2016: Welcome Hyoukjun Kwon (CS) and Mayank Parasar (ECE) as the lab’s first two PhD students.
- Aug 2015: Dr. Tushar Krishna starts at Georgia Tech.